Blog Schedule

I post on Monday with an occasional random blog thrown in for good measure. I do my best to answer all comments via email and visit around on the days I post.

Wednesday, November 3, 2021

IWSG, Being Thankful because it's Thanksgiving After All

Posting the First Wednesday of every month, the Insecure Writer's Support Group, is the brainchild of Alex Cavanaugh. YOU can sign up HERE to participate.

Every month a question will be posed that may prompt you to share advice, insight, a personal experience or story. Remember, the question is optional. You can write about anything that relates to your writing journey.

Let's give a warm welcome to our co-hosts: Kim Lajevardi,  Victoria Marie Lees, Joylene Nowell Butler, Erika Beebe, and Lee Lowery!

This month's question is: What's harder to do, coming up with your book title or writing the blurb?

For me, hands down, writing the blurb is THE hardest thing to write along with the tag line. Titles have always been easy for me. In fact many of my stories, whether they be short or long, have come to me through a title that settled in my head and wouldn't go away. 

***
Well, it's November. Soon enough it will be Thanksgiving. 2021 is almost over. I can't say it's been pleasant, but it hasn't been all that unpleasant either.

Time moves forward and I'm being dragged along in it's wake whether I want to not. One thing I know for sure is I'm homesick for the islands and long to spend time with my sister, cousins, and friends. It's been four years since last I visited all due to hurricanes Irma and Maria and then COVID. 

Maybe sometime next spring. At least, I'm putting the thought out there into the Universe and hoping the wake will carry me in that direction. I'm sorely in need of a sea bath, which is when you wallow in the water, just sort of half sit and half float and soak in the goodness. You can, if you want, take the soft, fine sand and give your skin a gentle scrub. The best exfoliant there is. It's what these people are doing at Linqvist Bay on St. Thomas. (Yes there is a "v" following that "q", it's Danish after all.)




***
Being Thankful

In the mean time, after all, I have SO much to be thankful for, as in:

Washing dishes:
It means
I have food that makes them dirty
I have hands to wash them with
I have running hot and cold water to wash them in
I have money to pay the water and electric bill and buy the soap and food
I have a sink to wash them in
I have a window to look out when I wash the dishes
I have a roof over my head
I have a house with a window
I have a yard with a view


What are you thankful for? Which is harder, coming up with a title or writing the blurb? Have any hopeful "goals" for 2022?



10 comments:

  1. I hope you do get to visit and recharge your soul.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your gratitude list. Happy IWSG day, Bish.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This has been a hard slog through the past two years, so I hear what you're saying. Here's to getting that sea bath!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Bish, I too get the titles easily but blurbs suck the energy out of me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sand is a great exfoliant. I hope you get your sand scrub soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm getting itchy feet, too, but I think I'm more missing the spontaneity of being able to go wherever and do whatever. But covid and escalating violence everywhere has me sticking close to home and being ever vigilant when I'm out. Here's to a much improved 2022. And wishing you a trip to the islands, too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Titles are always easier for me too.
    I love your poem. A few months ago, my friend's daughter died unexpectedly. She was 33. Since then, I mourn with her but I also feel grateful that my own kids are alive.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Bish! If I could take a sea bath someplace like that, I'm not sure I would ever come out! Thankful for IWSG and all the kind writers I have met here.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Bish - I sure hope you can get over to the Islands again very soon - seeing them and having your wallow, and spending time with your sister, family and friends. It's been an interesting time - thankfully without disasters ... and here's to a better 2022 - cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your pictures are lovely. I would long to be there, too. I hope you'll get to visit soon.

    ReplyDelete

Your Random Thoughts are most welcome!