Blog Schedule

I post on Monday with an occasional random blog thrown in for good measure. I do my best to answer all comments via email and visit around on the days I post.

Thursday, September 6, 2012

Of Sand Castles, Fractals and Kaleidoscopes

What do these three things have in common?
Ultimate Sand Castle
They are all beautiful examples of the ephemeral, reminders that nothing lasts forever, that things change constantly.

I sometimes get grumpy about change just like anyone else, but I do make an effort to breathe through it because ultimately there's not a thing I can do about change except to accept it.

I have held off, until nearly the last possible minute, changing over to the *new* (not so new anymore) blogger program. I am being forced to use it and spent a good portion of yesterday trying to figure it out which is not exactly my idea of a good time.

Which means, this is my first post under the new system. I suspect (as with so many other computer programs and systems) that about the time I'm really comfortable and happy with it they'll come along with a new and improved version.

Sigh.


The only thing permanent is change. We all best get used to the idea and enjoy the scenery and each other while we can for it can change in an instant.

Fractals


Kaleidoscope


Do you handle change well, breathe through it and go on? Or do you fight change, worry about it and try to control it?

12 comments:

  1. It depends on the change and the reasons behind it. If it's done to make things simpler and I'm given a choice and time, fine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a creature of habit, but I did switch to the new interface last year, so I'm comfortable with it now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate change and now I think about it, building a lovely sand castle as a kid and then having to leave it to the tide always upset me.

    Your blog looks lovely. Wonder if I need to alter mine. Nothing has popped up to say it's out of date. Hmmm, I shall stick with my present format until I'm forced to change it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I dislike change too. It makes me thoroughly disgruntled - especially whenb it seems as if it's change for change's sake and not necessarily for the better either. There seems to be a general consensus in the world that all change is for the the better but how do they know????

    ReplyDelete
  5. Interfaces seems to keep changing all the time. Facebook changes something like every six months.

    Someday I hope to have the wisdom of seeing change as a kaleidoscope--the beauty is in the process.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Personally, I embrace change, as long as I can control it. Ha, ha, ha!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome sand castle! I love the fractals- so beautiful and a great reminder that change can be amazing. I try to embrace change- but I also wait until I need to embrace it. :) I put off using the new Blogger, too. I hope it is easy to use- but usually there is a learning curve with new technology or applications. I know it will take me a while to adjust. Good luck!
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
  8. And you say you're not a math person! You have fractals in this post! :)

    I like change, because I like to learn, and learning is, in essence, CHANGE. When you truly learn something, you at least change your knowledge base to accommodate it. Usually, though, you do even more -- think or act differently because of this new information or new wisdom.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Some change I like; other changes I don't. My husband says I am resistant to change. He may be right! About four years ago, he wanted me to get a lap top and I begged for another desktop computer. HE said I'd love the lap top. He was right. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't mind change. The only time it bothers me is when something I'm doing changes and inadvertently works against someone else.

    Those are really cool videos! The first is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, that sandcastle is beyond amazing. Icahn only imagine the hours it took to put it together.

    change I handle as well as I can, but techno changes? Haha, I still have my blogger interface on old blogger because I can't stand the new one. :)

    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  12. I don't always do well with change.

    That sand castle is AWESOME! The detail. Wow!

    ReplyDelete

Your Random Thoughts are most welcome!