Blog Schedule

I post on Monday with an occasional random blog thrown in for good measure. I do my best to answer all comments via email and visit around on the days I post.

Monday, June 25, 2012

Construct a Couple by Talli Roland

My Photo

Talli Roland has done it again, got me all caught up in a light-hearted romance, a genre I don't normally read. But I can't help it, I like her stories. I like how they are about everyday people with mostly everyday problems. Well, maybe in Serenity's case not so everyday, she sort of brings things on herself. But she means well and her heart is as big as London, which, from reading Talli's books I'm beginning to feel I know.

Construct A Couple



Is any relationship strong enough to survive a string of secrets?

With a great job at a reputable magazine and a man who's the perfect match, Serenity Holland thinks she's laid the foundation for an ideal London life. When a routine assignment uncovers a shocking secret threatening her boyfriend's company, Serenity decides to leave nothing to chance, taking matters into her own hands. Soon, though, she realises keeping secrets isn't as easy as she thought . . . and the consequences are far worse than she ever imagined.




Poor Serenity. At times I wanted to bap her on the head and others times I wanted to give her a big hug and tell her everything would be okay, that if she just stopped needing to be so in control....


Construct a Couple is just that, a story about figuring out how to live as a couple, rather than as a single person. What do you keep secret or withhold? Should you keep it secret? And what are the repercussions if you do?


I like Talli's writing style. It's easy to read, easy on the mind. I like the way she brings in just enough description to give you sense of place, of mood.


A few examples:
The lonely ring of a telephone drifts like tumbleweed through the desert of silence.
"I'm ready to get started," I intone, trying to sound more Barbara Walters than Disney.
...my hair is the colour of wet sand...


Have you read any of Talli's other books? This is number four for me. Do you think maybe I'm a fan?


14 comments:

  1. I'm not really into romance, but Talli herself is great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still want to read her novels, but I haven't gotten to one yet. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, yay! Thanks so much, Bish - I'm thrilled you enjoyed it, and I really appreciate all the support you've given me!

    Matt - thank you!

    Misha - If you do, I hope you like it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for Talli! I have all of her books on my iPad.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So great to find Talli here today. I do have her books on that scroll I refer to as my TBR list. Thanks for the nudge, Bish.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How lovely to find an author whose books you'll eat up! I must remember you gushing over her, because the name is familiar. Will have to check her out ...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Me and my wife read Talli's first one (The Hating Game)...and loved it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I do enjoy Talli's style of writing so I imagine this one will be another great story. I certainly love the premise.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Talli is such an awesome person. I have a couple of her books, but haven't had a chance to read them yet. I need to remedy that soon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'd say you're definitely a fan. Haven't gotten to this one yet, but I've read a couple of Talli's books already.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Bish .. great author is Talli - I loved her romp with 'Build a Man' and I have to get a Kindle .. and then I can get some downloads onto it ..

    I'm sure she'll rock with her new book .. excellent you're promoting her .. she has a fun blog too ...

    Cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm amazed at Talli's talents for whipping up stories so easily :)
    Nutschell
    www.thewritingnut.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really need to read one of Talli's books! I've heard wonderful things! Another to put on my TBR list! :)

    ReplyDelete

Your Random Thoughts are most welcome!