Blog Schedule

I post on Monday with an occasional random blog thrown in for good measure. I do my best to answer all comments via email and visit around on the days I post.

Thursday, December 30, 2010

Random Thought Thursday

It is almost upon us. Another year is about to sneak over the horizon and surprise us at dawn. We will ask ourselves, "Where did 2010 go?" We will contemplate making New Year's Resolutions, or scribble down lists of goals.

And so today's quote seem most appropriate.

Not much is known about James Allen (1864-1912), an inspirational writer, who in a mere nine years wrote nineteen books. A friend said this about him, "He would talk quietly to a small group of us then - English, French, Austrian and Indian - of meditation, of philosophy, of Tolstoy or Buddha, and of killing nothing, not even a mouse in the garden."

Whoever he was, James Allen, left us this thought to contemplate as we approach 2011.



For true success ask yourself these four questions:
Why?
Why not?
Why not me?
Why not now?

Happy New Year.

9 comments:

  1. That is a brilliant set of questions to keep in mind for the new year. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. He sounds like an interesting guy. I hadn't heard of him before. I'm always learning something over here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why? Because I can.

    Why not? Because I don't want to.

    Why not me? Because it's not my turn yet.

    Why not now? Because God has another, better agent waiting for me.

    Happy New Year, Bish !!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You mean I have to think?! Maybe when my head isn't so morning foggy. Have a wonderful 2011, Bish!

    ReplyDelete
  5. He does sound interesting. Nothing like questions to make you think.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great questions. It's clear we often make our own obstacles to success. Happy new year, Bish.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thought-provoking questions to enter the new year with, Bish! I'll have to brood on them!

    Wishing you a wonderful 2011 with as many joys to come as good memories of 2010!

    Judy (South Africa)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous quote to begin the new year with! Thanks! And happy, happy 2011 to you, Bish!

    ReplyDelete

Your Random Thoughts are most welcome!