Blog Schedule

I post on Monday with an occasional random blog thrown in for good measure. I do my best to answer all comments via email and visit around on the days I post.

Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Flowers

Despite the extended drought there has been enough rain to fool our yard and a few sturdy plants into blooming.

Winecups

Purple Cone Flowers

Red Yucca

Wild Verbena


Blackeyed Susans


Clematis, or Leather Flower

Mealy Blue Sage


Yellow Cone Flowers


Standing Cypress

Rose Campion
Plumbago

Salvia
A little color can go a long way in brightening up the yard. I give all the credit to Stan. He's the one with the green thumb. I admire and gather little bouquets.

11 comments:

  1. What a colorful variety of flowers in your yard! Thanks for the beautiful pics, a wonderful way to start the morning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty variety.
    Glad you've had some rain :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! And so many! Reading the names reminded me of Little House on the Prairie, somehow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love those flowers -- and the names too.

    We've got a lot of the same flowers here -- they do very well without water -- and there are a lot of flowering trees and vines too, like bougainvillea and jacarandas. I wish I had a garden here, though; I'd love to collect some bouquets!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A feast for the eyes. My garden is also looking very colorful ... and fragrant.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just gorgeous. And your photography is great,too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Askme is me -- I have no idea why it's coming up that way, but the same thing happened on Mary's blog.
    I'm signing in the regular way

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautiful! I thought of you the other day I saw a black cloth tote bag and on the side it said "luxury instead of plastic"

    ReplyDelete

Your Random Thoughts are most welcome!