Blog Schedule

I post on Monday with an occasional random blog thrown in for good measure. I do my best to answer all comments via email and visit around on the days I post.

Monday, May 25, 2009

Memorial Day

Lest we forget.

These are the numbers of those who have fallen in all the wars the United States has fought.


This Wikipedia link gives a break-down of those wounded as well as those who died in non-combat related situations, due to illness or dieing while in POW camps.


This link is from the Department of Veterans Affairs.


Did you know there is STILL no memorial or monument in Washington D. C. for The Great War?

Frank Buckles is the last surviving veteran from World War I. He is 108 years old and is lobbying Congress. You can go to World War I Memorial Foundation to learn more.

A moment of silence please.

2 comments:

  1. Great post, Bish. I still can't believe there is no memorial in Washington DC either. It's just not right.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for doing this post. I have a difficult time wishing people a "happy" memorial day. I'd rather wish them a "thoughtful" one.

    ReplyDelete

Your Random Thoughts are most welcome!