Blog Schedule

I post on Monday with an occasional random blog thrown in for good measure. I do my best to answer all comments via email and visit around on the days I post.

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Blog-A-Versary

















Today marks the first anniversary of this blog.

I had no idea when I started what I would write about. Thus I can say it has remained true to its title. I rarely know from one blog to the next what I’m going to put up.

For those of you who have been kind enough to join me in my randomness I say, “Thank you!” I hope to see your Random Comments in the coming year.

To Mark the Occasion, here are a few Random Quotes.

“Do or do not, there is no try.” Yoda

“You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.” C. S. Lewis
“Manuscript: Something submitted in haste and returned at leisure.” Oliver Herford

“What would you attempt to do if you knew you could not fail?” Unknown

“It’s always too early to quit.” Norman Vincent Peale.

“When the mouse laughs at the cat, there’s a hole nearby.” Nigerian proverb

“Nothing is more dangerous than an idea, when it’s the only one we have.” Emile Auguste Chartier

“Man is a reasonable animal who always loses his temper when he is called upon to act in accordance with the dictates of reason.” Oscar Wilde.

“The chief duty of government is to keep the peace and stand out of the sunshine of the people.” James A. Garfield.

“The handwriting on the wall may be a forgery.” Ralph Hodgson

“Throughout history the world has been laid waste to ensure the triumph of conceptions that are now as dead as the men that died for them.” Henry de Montherlant

“The point to remember is that what the government gives it must first take away.” John Strider Coleman

“The oldest, wisest politician grows not more human so, but is merely a gray wharf rat at last.” Henry David Thoreau

“Democracy passes into despotism.” Plato

9 comments:

  1. Happy Blog-O-Versary, Bish! I enjoyed your quotes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Blog-A-Versary, Bish!

    Great quotes. I especially love the one by Yoda. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woo hoo! Happy One Year Blogaversary, Bish!
    I love the Yoda quote the best, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Blog-a-versary...and I loved the quotes...

    Here's to many more years...Hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Blog-o-versary! The Ralph Hodgson quote made me laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Blog-a-versary to you
    Happy Blog-a-versary to you
    Happy Blog-a-versary dear Bish
    Happy Blog-a-versary to youuuuuuuu!

    and many mooooore!

    :0)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, thank you, thank you one and all!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay--Happy anniversary!! Sorry I missed it by a touch. Has it only been a year for real?

    This one's my fav:

    “It’s always too early to quit.” Norman Vincent Peale.

    Advice I listen too every time I even think about giving up.

    ReplyDelete

Your Random Thoughts are most welcome!