Blog Schedule

I post on Monday with an occasional random blog thrown in for good measure. I do my best to answer all comments via email and visit around on the days I post.

Thursday, May 1, 2008

A Car is Born

This is a huge day at our house.

Today a car was born.


After working on her for nine years (as time and money and health permitted) Stan fired up the engine of the '57. It lit right up. It roared to life and stayed on fire! This is no ordinary "restoration." She's a hotrod. She has an LT1 fuel injection engine in her. Modifications had to made to get that baby into the engine compartment.
The '57 has to grow a bit more before she goes on the road. But today, May 1st, 2008, is her birthday.

I'm so proud of Stan I could burst. He's done almost all the work, from body and electronics (you should SEE all the wiring!) to mechanical, himself.

8 comments:

  1. Congratulations! A car is born, haha, take that, Barbra Streisand and Kris Kristofferson! Are you going out to drag race for pinks tonight? Stef from Verla's

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, congrats to you both! Can't wait to see her when she's done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. COOOOOOL BEANS!!!!!! I'm proud of him, too. Sounds like y'all have a very supportive relationship. WONDERFUL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Bish, this is GREAT! I am going to share this with my family because we have some serious car nuts in our home. I hope you guys get to go out for a lovely drive soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks ladies.

    No drag races Steph, at least not yet, though I'm sure at some point Stan will want to take her to the tract to find out just how fast she'll go.

    He may actually be able to drive her as far as the end of the drive way in two to three weeks. I SO excited.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for calling so that I could hear her roar into life! My conratualtions to you both on the birth if your "new" car. My guess is that Dad is its spiritual Godfather...and I know he'd be proud of Stan, too.

    Love,
    Erva

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow--that sounds like a huge project. I love it when the antique car shows come to town and you end up on a four lane highway with all those beauties!

    Congrats...enjoy those road trips!

    ReplyDelete

Your Random Thoughts are most welcome!