Blog Schedule

I post on Monday with an occasional random blog thrown in for good measure. I do my best to answer all comments via email and visit around on the days I post.

Monday, August 3, 2015

Guest Post with Misha Gerrick

Today I'm thrilled to have Misha Gerrick as a guest, one of many stops she'll be making as she promotes her series WAR OF SIX CROWNS. 
***
When Bish asked me to interview one of the side characters in my series, I ended up seeking an audience with the King of Nordaine. Partly because I like him, but mostly because he probably knows Darrion and Gawain the best.

Things didn’t really go as planned, though, which leaves me about as puzzled as you. The transcript of our conversation follows. 
***

Me: *putting my hand on my left shoulder and bowing* Thank you for seeing me, Your Majesty.
King Conal: *Gray eyes shining as he nods in welcome.* Of course. I could hardly deny a visit with our foremost chronicler. *Gestures me to walk with him to the fire and takes a seat, indicating the other armchair to me.* Sit, sit. *Warms his hands by the fire.*
Me: *Sits down, watching him with a little smile.* Cold, sire?
King Conal: Only a little. Spring may it be, but it’s never warm enough to stop a Fury in her tracks. And… *wry smile* I suppose my advancing age doesn’t help much.
Me: *glances around for a servant* Would you like for me to bring you something? Blankets? Furs?
King Conal: *Relaxes back in his seat, shaking his head* No, dear. Tell me. Has Darrion been giving you a lot of trouble, then?
Me: Not really. I mean… he… can be difficult, but now that we know each other, I really don’t struggle all that much.
King Conal: Mmm. As I suspected.
Me: … What did you suspect, sire?
King Conal: The boy’s capable of almost anything, but he doesn’t like to upset ladies.
Me: Oh. *Sits back, not sure how to proceed.* He’s good at it, though.
King Conal: He’s good at a lot of things he doesn’t enjoy.
Me: Is he your favorite, then, sire?
King Conal: *Chuckles* Now, dirael, you know that would be like picking a favorite grandchild.
Me: *Smiles* So you see the three of them like that?
King Conal: Yes, but I suppose I do have a special place for Darrion. Gawain and Quin both have family here. Darrion only has us.
Me: And then… he doesn’t really count Quin as a friend anymore.
King Conal: No. *Sighs* I hope that, one day, they might find peace again and rebuild. They used to be…
Me: Like Darrion and Gawain?
King Conal: I suppose, except, Darrion and Gawain see each other as brothers. Quin was… the one they picked.
Me: And Siofra?
King Conal: *Softly* Siofra came in later. When I picked her as the fourth candidate.
Me: You regret it.
King Conal: *Sharp look* Wouldn’t you?
Me: You only did what you were supposed to, sire. The Tree picked her.
King Conal: *Stirs himself and stands* I’m sorry, but I just remembered something. Excuse me.
Me: *Stands at the same time, eyes widening.* Sire?
King Conal: I will see you again soon. I truly need to go, though.
Me: Yes, sire. *Does the Nordian bow again, then watches him leave, frowning at his back.*

See? He definitely did not want to talk about Siofra. I wonder why… I know she was killed under mysterious circumstances, but I’m sensing there’s more to the King’s reticence.

Good thing I have the rest of the series to figure this out.

What’s your feeling about this?

Thanks for having me over, Bish!

You're welcome, Misha! To learn more about her series WAR OF SIX CROWNS, read on.
***
The Vanished Knight

The entity living inside Callan’s soul orphaned her at age eleven. By the time she’s sixteen, it’s ensured her being shunted from one foster family to another.

Her thirteenth foster assignment should be routine. Except... it's not. A psycho in medieval armor kidnaps her and she ends up in a magical world. There, she accidentally discovers a secret her parents had kept until the day they died.

Both actually came from this magical world, but left before Callan was born. To cover their tracks, they’d lied about everything. Even who they really were.

Driven to find out where she comes from, Callan’s trapped in a race for life and death. Walking away isn’t an option, but if she stays too long, the entity will find its next victim.

In this world where secrets are sacrosanct and grudges are remembered, finding the truth will be near impossible. Especially when Callan has her own homicidal little secret to deal with.

One with a taste for destroying her life.



The Heir’s Choice

After discovering her parents had kept a whole world secret, Callan races to discover her past. Not easy to do with an increasingly agitated entity living in her soul.

Going to her long-lost elvish roots should answer all her questions. Instead, she ends up in the middle of a nightmare.

The elves are on the verge of an apocalyptic war. Their enemy, King Aurek of Icaimerith, will only be appeased if Callan marries his heir. It’s either her life getting messed up, or an entire country’s lives lost. Simple enough, right?

Wrong.

Because when the entity wants the elves blotted out of existence, saving them gets taken to a whole new level of complicated.


 Bio
Misha Gerrick has been creating stories long before she could write and is currently going after her dream of making a living as a writer.

If you’d like to see how that’s going, you can visit her on her blog , where she also discusses all things related to writing and publishing.

Or, if you’d just like to know what she’s reading and get updates on what she’ll be publishing next (Sorry, no newsletter just yet.): You can follow her on Tumblr, on Twitter: @MGerrick1 and you can circle her on Google Plus: +MGerrick
***
I decided to join this bloghop because answering a thoughtful/challenging question every month is one way to expand one's mind. Hosted by Michael D'Agostino at A Life Examined , the question this month is:

“If your parent or child committed a major crime, would you turn them in?”

The short answer is, yes I would. The longer answer is includes the question, "why?" 
1. It's a major crime which could include things like child abuse, grand theft, perhaps even murder. I don't care who you are, I'm going to turn you in. It's how I was raised. 
2. If it were discovered that I knew about the crime and did nothing, then I could be charged with being an accessory. So on a personal and selfish level, I would turn them in. 
3. I worked for 23 years with the abused, neglected, and emotionally disturbed children so I've seen and dealt with the aftermath of child abuse. It's not pretty. So yes, I would turn them in. If it's elder abuse, I'd turn them in. If it's animal abuse, I'd turn them in. 
4. Turning the perpetrator in wouldn't necessarily be easy, in fact it would probably be very emotional on several different levels, but it's the compassionate thing to do for all involved.
***


See you on Wednesday for IWSG. I'll be co-hosting so I hope you'll follow along with me HERE and we can visit together.
***
Do you follow Misha's blogon Tumblr, Twitter, or Google? Have you read Misha's books? If not, are you interested?  Personally, the whole tree picking thing has me very curious. Do you follow Michael? Are you taking part in his monthly hop? What about IWSG? If you're a writer, I strongly recommend checking it out!

46 comments:

  1. Siofra sounds like she is trouble, at least for the king.
    I would turn them in as well. I'd feel morally obliged to do so.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, I think we can say that's an understatement. ;-)

      Delete
  2. Interested to hear more about Siofra, there's obviously some complications there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw you're reading The Heir's Choice now. In it, you'll catch a glimpse of the complications and the effect they had. ;-)

      Delete
  3. Fun interview. And so intriguing. Nicely done. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats to Misha.

    I worked with foster kids for several years and I know the damage that can be done. I'd turn them in.

    ReplyDelete
  5. best wishes to Misha!

    You make a good point about the child abuse. Someone needs to act as an advocate for those who are unable to help themselves.

    Lee
    Tossing It Out

    ReplyDelete
  6. A big congratulations to Misha!

    Good point, Bish. I could NEVER stand beside someone who abuses a child. I would turn that person in (loved one or not) in a heartbeat!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a unique interview - the chronicler and the king, with a dash of mystery and intrigue. My characters and I aren't really on speaking terms. Probably because of what I put them through.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha well the deal is I give them their freedom and they suck it up when it comes to repercussions.

      As a result, we get along quite well.

      Also, The Chronicler and the King would make an AWESOME title. ;-)

      Delete
  8. YaY, Misha. Wahoo. So happy for you, girl. LOVE this interview. TURN THEM IN! YEAH! I wish you so much luck. (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Robyn! Nice to connect with you again. :-)

      Delete
  9. Interesting interview--unexpected is good, I think. As for the criminal relatives, yeah, I'd have to turn them in as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed it is. Believe it or not, I'm still learning new things by doing these sorts of interviews.

      Delete
  10. That was quite an interview. I'm curious about the Nordian bow. Congrats to Misha.
    I'll have to give some thought to that moral dilemma question.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice eye. There is indeed a story to the Nordian bow.

      Delete
  11. Misha, this story sounds great with all kinds of twists and turns. Bish, that question is so horrible I don't even want to think about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, it is very twisty, but has the added joy of seeming quite straightforward until we get to the sting in the tail. ;-)

      Delete
  12. Hello Bish, lots to check out here, thank you.
    I feel I should just give an immediate yes to the crime question but I would want to know the circumstances first and have a little time to think about it.
    Misha, I'm with you the King definitely did not want to talk about Siofra, he left very abruptly I wonder why?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So do I. I'm definitely going to put a lot of thought into it as I work on book 3. :-)

      Delete
  13. Ha, great character interview...intriguing. And I love the covers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! I'm glad you enjoyed the interview. :-)

      Delete
  14. On behalf of Misha and myself, I would like to thank all you who stopped by today, and those who yet may. It's been very nice having you, Misha. I hope you've had a pleasant visit. Feel free come back any time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's nice to be here. I'll continue to stop by for the next few days to respond to comments. :-)

      Delete
  15. Congrats to Misha! Interesting character interview. I definitely think the kind didn't want to talk about Siofra. Maybe if you kept him talking about Darrion, he might have chatted longer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're probably right. He enjoys talking about Darrion and Gawain.

      Delete
  16. I'm fairly interested in Misha's work. I've never bought a book from a Blogger (my reading list is ridiculously long already), but I know I will one day and this may be it.

    You're probably the only person who's given an absolute answer either way. Reading your explanation, it makes perfect sense :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm honored that you'd consider my book either way. :-)

      Delete
  17. Nice to see Misha's book all over the blogosphere. It looks good!

    I'd turn my family in, too. I'd feel guilty if I didn't.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love seeing Misha's posts everywhere. This interview has a lot of personality. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you think so! I tried to get King Conal's personality across. :-)

      Delete
  19. Misha, it looks like you are ready to have your books as movie scripts. Good luck.

    Thanks for visiting my blog, Notes Along the Way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehehe yeah it would be awesome if I had to write a script for the books one day. Thanks for visiting me back. :-)

      Delete
  20. Great interview! Intriguing. There's definitely something more going on than he'll share with us. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jemi! Yeah I'm still trying to work out what it was...

      Delete
  21. Congrats, Misha! :) This is a fun way to do an interview. Bish, thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I enjoy interviewing my characters. It's amazing how much I learn about the story this way. :-)

      Delete
  22. Fun interview and introduction to the world (for me at least!).

    ReplyDelete

Your Random Thoughts are most welcome!