Blog Schedule

I post on Monday with an occasional random blog thrown in for good measure. I do my best to answer all comments via email and visit around on the days I post.

Wednesday, October 7, 2015

IWSG!

Posting first Wednesday of every month YOU can sign up HERE to find out more about the purpose of the Insecure Writer's Support Group, the brainchild of Alex Cavanaugh.

In an effort to keep these posts short and sweet, I'll be sharing an appropriate quote. 

***

Today I'm going with something a bit humorous. It lets us know that much as we think things change, they also remain the same.

Cicero - Musei CapitoliniFrom Cicero (107 to 43 BC) Roman philosopher, politician, lawyer, orator, political theorist, consul, and constitutionalist we get this gem. 

Times are bad. Children no longer obey their parents, and everyone is writing a book.







***




To celebrate eight (8!) years of blogging, I'm offering up a bloghop I know every writer dreams of.

Really, what writer doesn't make lists? And if you haven't, can you really be considered a writer? Ooops, hope I haven't offended any listless people....

Although I've been listing since I was in high school, it wasn't until I read Ray Bradbury's book ZEN IN THE ART OF WRITING that I became aware of the importance of listing in the creative process.

You can read what Mr. Bradbury has to say about lists HERE. If you haven't read his book I strongly suggest you do.

This fest will be so easy and fun it should probably be a crime.

The rules are simple. All you have to do is sign up in the linky thingy below, grab the banner, and make a list. I suggest you keep your list to between 5 and 25 items long. We'll visit each other on October 26th.

You can list whatever you feel like (except for adult type content). That's it! Of course, if you'd like to help spread the word, I'm not going to fuss at you.


Did you get a chuckle out of Cicero's quote? Do you think it's true? Have you signed up for my celebration bloghop?


18 comments:

  1. Wow! That does sound like something from now, not the past. You're right about some things not changing. Congrats on 8 years of blogging. That's an accomplishment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even back then kids were bad. Things never change.
    Looking forward to the hop!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kids! What's the matter with kids today! HAHAHA. Thanks for helping out with the hop, Alex. You're the BEST!

      Delete
  3. I love lists!, but have dedicated October to Halloween. Let me see if I can move things around and come up with a Halloween list!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I hope you can schedule it in, Yolanda. The more the merrier!

      Delete
  4. Hi Bish!
    I found my way over there thanks to Alex's post about your blog-hop. I like the idea of making a list and sharing it. I'm a hoarder of lists. LOVE them!!

    Oh, that quote - hysterical! Seems like that old adage was right: the more things change, the more they stay the same! Nice to meet you! Looking forward to the Blog Hop!

    ~ Jen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great, Jen. Thanks. We list makers must list together or... fall! Looking forward to seeing your list on the 26th.

      Delete
  5. Signed up! Great post. LOL, I have been making list as long as I have known how to write. When I was young I thought it was fun and made me organized. It did not, but it did help order the thoughts and teach me about goal making and small steps.

    Ah you found a golden nugget, which is what I call great quotes. Love the quote which just goes to show even with drastic change some things in the human condition stay the same,

    Juneta Writer's Gambit

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gosh, I wonder if kids have ever behaved. I know I didn't.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The quote is indeed humorous.
    Interesting thing about your blog hop, it will be 8 years for me too. Well, in May.
    So I want to sign up for your blog hop. Am I confined by how much I need to write about the lists I put together? What do you feel the list should include? A list of my favourite writers? A list of my faovurite TV shows? A list of my favourite music? Or should I make a list about what I usually do to prepare for writing?
    Am I over-thinking this? LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jeffrey, ANY list will work (except that with adult content). So yes, a list of favorite writers, tv shows, music or a list of what you do to prepare to write, all of those are great! I have a list of suggestions here: http://bish-randomthoughts.blogspot.com/2015/10/the-listing-hop-question-of-month-win.html

      Delete
  8. Great quote. It's true. Not much changes.

    Fun hop!
    I can't wait to make a list of the stuff I want to put on the list!

    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  9. I want to thank everyone who's signed up so far. My computer has been of the fritz (wonder where that term came from?) and I haven't been able to visit everyone during IWSG. I think I'm finally back up and running. We shall see.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That quote is so funny! As much as things change, they always remain the same... Your hop sounds great. Though the list sounds easy, it's the commenting on others posts that is hard. I can barely keep up with my own weekly hop and I have to spend every waking moment revising my newly finished WIP. (Not really looking forward to it. Blerg...)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I understand completely, Lexa! This may turn into something I do once a year. I can't imagine doing a weekly hop!

      Delete

Your Random Thoughts are most welcome!