Blog Schedule

I post on Monday with an occasional random blog thrown in for good measure. I do my best to answer all comments via email and visit around on the days I post.

Thursday, April 24, 2014

U is for...

Click HERE for a list of all
the participants!
For this, my 5th year doing the Challenge, it's the
A to Z of Anansi the spider.

U is for the Ulterior Motive

Anansi always has one of those. He's always thinking, planning, maneuvering, always spinning webs.

If he says one thing, you can be sure he's spider brain is working on something else.

Which kind leads me to think that he must be pretty darn smart.

Early morning line-up - geograph.org.uk - 959734























I apologize for not being around yesterday... but we kind of had an emergency. Our water heater decided to spring a leak at 3 AM and water shorted it out, causing wires to start melting and insulation to start smoldering. Luckily we caught it time and pulled it out of the house. It meant getting a new water heater and being really exhausted the rest of day. Hopefully I'll be out and about today.

How long do you think it will take for the stink of smoldering insulation to leave the house?

10 comments:

  1. Wow, glad you woke up and realized what was happening! Sorry about the water heater, Bish. Take a nap sometime today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad that you are safe, Bish.
    Magnificent cobwebs. Hope your short did not create some more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a mess! Good thing you were able to catch it before it became any worse.

    These tricksters always seem to have an ulterior motive. They ARE pretty smart, but still manage to get fouled up in the end. When they are on the wrong track.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you are safe Bish. Your Anansi is making me think I need a spider/s in my story. These cunning creatures will pep up my story.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love stories about Anansi the Spider.
    So glad to hear, that you caught the problem in time. It is sad to see homes lost to fire.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That picture is terrifying.
    He does sound like a smart spider.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Crumbs, glad your okay Bish. My sister is terrified of spiders but they really are quite harmless and useful to have around.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is not a good wake up call, Bish. So sorry, but glad you caught the problem in time.

    Love the spider webs. Those guys are so talented. No wonder Anansi is the main character in those stories.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The webs are pieces of art--amazing.

    The smell to leave? I have now idea. Buy stock in Fabreze, and then spray away?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful picture, I have given your blog a shout out from my letter V today http://rosieamber.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete

Your Random Thoughts are most welcome!