Blog Schedule

I post on Monday with an occasional random blog thrown in for good measure. I do my best to answer all comments via email and visit around on the days I post.

Monday, January 7, 2013

Epiphany


File:The visit of the wise-men.jpg

Yesterday was Three Kings Day, also known as the Epiphany, the day when the magi visited Christ and gave him presents.

Epiphany, a lovely word. It comes from Greek meaning appearance, manifestation, to show.

I like that it also means to have a sudden thought or idea.

I would like to say I'm back, but I really can't be sure. I still have a lot on my plate. I believe my eyes were WAY bigger than my stomach. However I intend to make an effort to visit around.

I'd also like to say I had an epiphany over the holidays, but I didn't. I've spent most of my time away working on my novel. Nine chapters and 17800 words have been sent off to my instructor.

My collection of Anansi stories lies dormant for the time being.

I still haven't managed to read 52 books (one per week) in a year. I made it 48 for 2012. I envy those of you who are able to read a book in a day or two.

On the one hand I feel motivated to continue on the other I feel uninspired. Maybe it's because I stayed up too late and woke up too early.

However I will push through. And there's nothing that helps boost the spirit than thinking about...

SIX IMPOSSIBLE THINGS!
Making pasteles with my mother and grandmother
Being given a pot of gold by a leprechaun
Flying like a bird (not gliding on nylon wings)
Having the powers of invisibility
Living in a world without plastic
Learning there really is a Shangri-la and living there

That helps!

And this does too.
Snow... on the 4th of January. It's almost an impossible thing.
Of course it was gone by the afternoon. That B in the rock work was not planned. It happened organically.

So, are you all fired up for the new year? How many books did you read in 2012? Did you know that calendars from 1985, 1991 and 2002 are the same as calendars for 2013? So if you saved your old calendars (like my Sweetie likes to do) and want to save a little money, hang up those old calendars. It's a good way to confuse people. I have a neat 2002 calendar up of The Beatles. What's your calendar's theme?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your Random Thoughts are most welcome!