Blog Schedule

I post on Monday with an occasional random blog thrown in for good measure. I do my best to answer all comments via email and visit around on the days I post.

Sunday, January 18, 2009

A Package

My sister has many talents. One of them is crocheting which she does while she watches TV or a movie. As she says, "It's better than just twiddling my thumbs. At least this way my twiddling thumbs are producing something."
She's been crocheting for just about forever. I have doilies and potholders just about all over the place.

She's very good.

This came in the mail Saturday. A field of irises.
We all have a love for irises. Stan and I now have a multitude of yellow irises, grown from a few roots my mother brought to us all the way from her yard in California. Now Erva has sent us these, all the way from the Virgin Islands.
Thanks Erva. I love you.

9 comments:

  1. It looks even nicer on your bed than I imagined! Enjoy!!

    Love,
    Erva

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful gift! I can only imagine the time it took...

    ReplyDelete
  3. It makes the bedroom look like a million bucks, Erva.

    Isn't it though, Rena?

    Angela, my sister estimated that it took about 600 hours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! that is gorgeous! What a treasure!

    christy

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a labor of love ... so beautiful! Bish, you are blessed to have a most wonderful family.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's beautiful! 600 hours? That is a labor of love!

    I nominated you for the Kreativ Blogger Award...see my post :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is sooo beautiful...

    oh how I wish I could be that talented...unfortunately, I have to left thumbs, so all they know how to do is twiddle...grin...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Christy, it is a treasure AND it will be used.

    I am blessed indeed, Vijaya, in many, many ways.

    Ooooo Adrienne! Thank you!

    Brenda, you are more talented than you think and you share some of it with the rest of us.

    ReplyDelete

Your Random Thoughts are most welcome!