Blog Schedule

I post on Monday with an occasional random blog thrown in for good measure. I do my best to answer all comments via email and visit around on the days I post.

Wednesday, May 5, 2021

IWSG, Being Thankful

Posting the First Wednesday of every month, the Insecure Writer's Support Group, is the brainchild of Alex Cavanaugh. YOU can sign up HERE to participate.

Every month a question will be posed that may prompt you to share advice, insight, a personal experience or story. Remember, the question is optional. You can write about anything that relates to your writing journey.

Let's give a warm welcome to our co-hosts:  Erika Beebe, PJ Colando, Tonja Drecker, Sadira Stone, and Cathrina Constantine!

This month's question is: Have any of your readers ever responded to your writing in a way that you didn't expect? If so, did it surprise you?

I am often surprised that people seem to like my writing. Sometimes I thinks that's just false-modesty. Other times I'm truly baffled. But always, always, ALWAYS, I'm humbled and honored and grateful for the many kind words.

***
On the 19th of this month I'll be participating in a book blog hop to help Chrys Fey's mom, Elaine Kaye, promote Bad Fairy Strikes Again, her newest addition the the Bad Fairy series! 
Hope you will stop by.

***

With it being spring and all, and birds fledging right and left, 
I thought this would be an appropriate quote.
Riding on a Bird (SM sg929)
You've got to jump off cliffs all the time and build your wings on the way down.
Ray Bradbury


***
Being Thankful
Today I'm thankful that after a 3 day stay in the hospital last month
 -- due to Crohn's Disease -- I'm doing well! No surgery required!!
I'm also thankful to Mother Nature for the much needed 6 inches of rain we got at the end of April

What are you thankful for? Have your readers ever surprised you? Have you read any of  Elaine Kaye's books?

11 comments:

  1. I'm glad you're okay, Bish. My husband has Celiac Disease. Every day is a blessing. Some days more than others. Happy IWSG Day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Bish. So sorry your Crohn's flared up, but glad you're on the mend. Great quote! I love that Bradbury quote. Happy writing in May!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Take care of your health Bish. Like you I'm also humbled and grateful that readers like my work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry you were in the hospital but glad there was no surgery!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you're doing well and don't need surgery. I loved the quote. It really spoke to me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good news on the health front, Bish. So glad to hear that you're home and don't have surgery to face.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad you are home and doing better!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy you're home and didn't need surgery. I like your quote. I have one on the inside of a coffee mug that says "Dive into uncharted waters." That's how I always feel when I sit down to write. Stay well!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So glad your health has improved. I'm thankful that spring is starting to show herself, in spite of 45 degrees today!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the quote from Ray Bradbury! He's one of my favorite authors. I'm so thankful for the beautiful spring weather and that school will soon be out in a few weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  11. SO happy to see you are better, Bish! Giving thanks is such a blessing. I have a sign on my front porch that says this house gives thanks everyday. I am thankful for so many things: for my New/OLD house, for my wonderful neighbors, for my safety during this pandemic, and for my amazing writer friends!

    ReplyDelete

Your Random Thoughts are most welcome!