Blog Schedule

I post on Monday with an occasional random blog thrown in for good measure. I do my best to answer all comments via email and visit around on the days I post.

Thursday, January 29, 2015

Thankful Thursday

ImageChef.com
Every Thursday, from now until I don't know when, I'm going to express my thankfulness, for at least ONE something.

I've chosen a picture of the Deep Field to remind us all of how precious and rare this tiny ball of dirt, that we call Earth, is. 

This is it. It's all we've got Let us be kind to Earth and each other. Let us be THANKFUL for what we have.

Today I'm thankful for SMILES.

There are only few things that reach across culture and language that are understood by everyone in the world. Tears, laughter, and smiles are three.
A smiling baby
Most of us come into the world crying. It must be a huge shock to be in a nice warm, dark place then be in a cold, brightly lit, probably noisy, space.

However it doesn't seem to take too long to figure out how to smile.


Where did smiling come from? Why do we do it? Aren't you glad we do? And why does it take fewer muscles to smile than to frown?

Can we get a smile? (3347930165)

US Navy 050115-N-9951E-143 Children smile and gather for a group photo in the town of Lamno, Sumatra


US Navy 030412-A-9330B-093 A group of Iraqi children pose for a photo while their parents receive humanitarian daily rations (HDR's) and water in the town of Ar Rutba

Smiling jester boy

Smiling Children (3965280057)

Prinnie Stevens, Mahalia Barnes (8143479676)

Today I am thankful for smiles which, though they come in all shapes, sizes, colors, and languages, are understood by everyone.


What are you thankful for?

***

Only 3 days left to win a copy of one of my books! Stop by Carol Kilgore's web page. 2 people will win! Contest ends Saturday, January 31st. Thank you, Carol for letting Anansi and Marvin hang out with you for a whole month.

16 comments:

  1. Where does it come from? Good question. Maybe it's just the body's way of letting the joy out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankful for this blog post, that made ME smile.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It doesn't take much to smile and it can really brighten someone's day. Good post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for reminding us to smile. And to be grateful every day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sweet, and very true! Nothing better than a grin to greet someone :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Isn't it amazing that we learn to smile so early, and it's just part of who we are as people? The ways in which we're wired are strange and mysterious.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love smiles and you see them often on the faces of children These pictures are gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  8. A lot of great smiles today. I'm thankful to be alive for another day. Any day above the ground is a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Smiles seem to be spontaneous, while frowns take an emotional negative connections.

    Besides, frowning ingrains lines.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You ROCK! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this post! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE you! The smiles of these children are contagious. I smiled all the way through this post. Of course, I always smile when I'm around you. Tweeting. Everyone needs to read this post!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Some adorable smiles in your blog post, Bish! Hope 2015 is a year that brings many smiles to your face! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Smiling breaks tension and brightens someone's face.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lots of wonderful pictures of smiling faces. Makes me smile. : )

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello Bish, I’m very thankful to you for sharing so many happy smiling pictures – you made me smile too! Barbara x

    ReplyDelete
  15. And a smile takes no effort. Frowns take so much. Loved these smiley faces. Thanks, Bish. Now I'm smiling.

    ReplyDelete

Your Random Thoughts are most welcome!