Blog Schedule

I post on Monday with an occasional random blog thrown in for good measure. I do my best to answer all comments via email and visit around on the days I post.

Saturday, April 19, 2014

Q is for...

Click HERE for a list of all
the participants!
For this, my 5th year doing the Challenge, it's the
A to Z of Anansi the spider.

Q is for Quilts - specifically,   Crazy Quilts.

Simply put, Anansi stories are a patchwork that cover everything from why mosquitoes buzz in our ears to Anansi doing his best to get out of working.

Crazy Quilt LACMA M.79.239.1

Because he is small and weak, Anansi has to get what he needs or wants through guile and tricks. And though sometimes his tricks back-fire on him, his actions can often set things in motion, causing a different effect or out-come than he anticipated.

Much like a crazy quilt. One never quite knows what the quilt will look like when it's finished. So too, the result of Anansi's behavior may surprise.

In the end you have something unique and individual.








21 comments:

  1. Kinda like most people's lives.... the outcome causing something different than intended. I've often thought my life has been one big crazy quilt and it has just taken me where i was supposed to go.
    Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just wonder why our quilt is so symmetrical.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Bish .. love Anansi's quilt of tapestries of life ..

    Beautiful colours .. and Happy Easter - cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so true of Anansi and his stories, Bish! Hope you're having a good Easter season.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yep, Anansi pretty much represents us all in this regard.

    ReplyDelete
  6. bEautiful quilt and very good analogy of life.
    http://yeakleyjones.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great comparison! Beautiful quilt by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Life IS like a Crazy Quilt. Half the fun is plotting and planing and ending up someplace completely different than where we intended. I'm grateful for the twists and turns my life has taken. With stories like Those of Anasis it makes thingies interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great post, and a good reminder that we can never control the outcome of our actions, as much as we'd like to think we can.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love quilts! My mom used to collect antique quilts, and I had a lovely one on my bed as a teen. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. The pleasure derived from creating this must have made the hours seem short.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ah! I love that quilt--and the concept. I love being spontaneous and just seeing what comes of it, but I'm a fan of planning and cultivating too.

    True Heroes from A to Z

    ReplyDelete
  13. Life is a lot like that crazy quilt--not as beautifully laid out and elegant, but lovely nonetheless.

    I love to quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Like Alex said, often none of us know what the true results of our choices will be at the time when we make them. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Anansi sounds like quite a smart character. Love the quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  16. These are a great metaphor for the Anansi stories :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. There were great surprises in the stories.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hey Bish,

    Would it surprise you to know that crazy quilts are my um, "quilty pleasure"? Probably not :)

    Gary

    ReplyDelete
  19. Quilts are comfy, unique, and intricate.

    ReplyDelete

Your Random Thoughts are most welcome!