It was the White Queen, from Through the Looking Glass, who said:
"When I was your age, I always did it for half-an-hour a day. Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast."
I'd like to thank everyone who stopped by Monday-Wednesday to give me words of encouragement and virtual hugs. It means a lot.
You see, my childhood best friend is dying and the news has taken me by surprise. We met right around the time we turned eleven and were an instant dynamic duo.
In honor of Jay, I've decided to believe in six impossible things. It is something he would definitely approve of.
1. I'm sure the Magic Pool is real because it took us to many fantastic places where we had many fabulous adventures.
2. It is possible to make a perfect score with a Kurplunk Bomb.
3. We will have lunch with George Harrison and Jimi Hendrix.
4. Someday, everyone in the Bish Mob will being together again and we'll stage another mock fight at Trunk Bay.
5. I'll win a round at the Annual Coke Bottle Cap Batting Contest.
6. I'll remember everything and forget nothing.
And this bonus.
7.Someday I'll be funnier than you.
Nope, sorry, that last one truly is impossible.
|Jay, making me laugh, like always. Around 1978.|